Monday, April 01, 2002

Hello again to all of my loyal subjects! Miss Cincy was and adventure and a half! I simply must tell you *all* about it, my dahlings!:)
Well, the drive down there was a disaster. We (mommy and I) left around 4:30-ish (we'd hoped to leave much earlier, but due to delays that didn't happen). We had to take my grandparents' car because my anti-locks aren't working right and Mom and Dad took the van to BP the day before for a quick car wash, but the damn thing decided to beat the car up instead of cleaning it. The window's smashed and there's a little trail of dents all down the top.
Naturaly, traffic would be heavy on Good Friday, but there were also two accidents along the way. One just north of Dayton, and another just north of Cincy, in which a 27-year-old guy was killed. So, we were literally stopped on I-75! Plus, it was raining and thundering pretty badly. Then, the guy on the radio came on and said there was a tornado warning for whichever county is just east of Dayton (Allen, maybe? Wherever Xenia is.) We'd barely side-stepped that land mine!
I'd talked to Amanda (my darling sweetie pie!):) on my cell and discussed going out to B-dub's or somewhere when we got into town. But, it was about 9 pm and we were, once again, stopped on 75, just miles before our exit! People were getting out of their cars and running up ahead to see what was going on. It was horrible! I started checking out the other people cuz there was nothing else to do, and this one nice-looking guy caught me checking him out and winked at me. So, I took his picture! Hahaha!
OK, well, we finally made it to our exit and followed the directions to the Downtown Holliday Inn. We checked in and took our massive amounts of luggage (mostly my dresses and shoes) up to our room. It was a nice room with a king-sized bed! Lovely! But, we were starving! I hadn't eaten anything all day, except for 2 peices of Big Red. So, mom went downstairs to the restaurant while I looked for an ice machine so we could keep out water bottles cool. While I was doing that, I saw another girl walking down the hall with a glass of wine in her hand, so I asked her if she knew where an ice machine was. She said no. Then, I asked her if she was with the pageant, by any chance. She said she was so I was like, "Great! Me, too!" I told her it was my very first one, so she invited me in her room to see her outfits and videotapes of past pageants, and I brought my stuff over there for her to critique and give me advice. (Our rooms were right across from each other. How convenient!) We were doing that when another girl she knew from the pageant came in with her mother, looking very distraught. Turns out, when they'd gotten to their room and pulled down the bedspread, they'd found hair and blood on the sheets! EEEEEEWWWW!! So, they switched to a different room.
After a while, my mom knocked on the door and showed me a menu of this place called La Rosa's. Turns out, when she'd gone down to the hotel restaurant, they were closing it up an hour early. My mom said she really wanted to get some food since we were both starving, so the lady gave her a menu and said she could call down and get it to go. Well, when my mom called, no one answered. Finally, she called the front desk and told them about it. The guy said, "well, I hate to tell you this, but she lied to you. She just wanted to get rid of you so she could go home." Nice, huh? So, he gave her a menu for this other place. All I ordered was a salad.
In between all that, I hung out in Meghan's (the other girl on my floor) room with Kim (the girl with blood on her bed.). I got in touch with Amanda again and said that since it was so late and it'd been such a hectic day, I was just gonna stay in and try to get some RnR. I went back to my room around 11:30 to get ready for bed and eat my salad (which was just OK). Mom pretty much conked out right away, but I had a hard time sleeping. Maybe it was the paper-thin pillows? Or, the constant fear of some foreign substance appearing on the sheet below me!
So, that was day 1, in a nutshell. Day 2 will follow in a future episode, as I am tired and freezing my little butt cheeks off.
To Be Continued.... (Dunt-dunt Dah!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home