Friday, September 01, 2006

Preparing for Takeoff!

For the past few weeks, I've been gearing up and trying to get ready for the big trip to Minnesota. I leave on Tuesday evening and will be gone until Monday afternoon (although the return date could change). It's turning out to be an expensive trip already. Aside from the airfare and hotel room, I got my hair done this week and I'm getting my nails done Tuesday morning, and I'm going wardrobe shopping either today or Sunday (we're going to the "Clash in Cleveland" tomorrow! Go falcons!!!), and I've been tanning for the last several weeks. I also have a chiropractor appointment today. I badly need an adjustment! Plus, I got a bad case of sinusitis and unless I can get that cleared up, flying is not going to be pleasant in the least. It's already unpleasant here on the ground! Up at 40,000 feet in a pressurized cabin...excrutiating! Dad went to his ENT earlier this week and they had to poke a hole in his eardrum to clear out the fluid. Wish they could do the same for me, if only I had insurance. :( I'm looking forward to crossing off yet another state (this will make 33 total!) and seeing the Mall of America, but I'm absolutely dreading being away from Kirby. She'll be in good hands with her "grammies" but mommy will weep for her every single day and night! I still can't bear thinking about how much I missed her while we were in Vegas. I'll probably come back with a suitcase full of presents, just to make it up to her!
The other thing that sucks about being away is missing our very first game at the Doyt. It's against Buffalo, so it should be an easy win. :) But, still, we only got 4 games at the Doyt all year and it's nice to use all your season tickets! Speaking of football, I got my fantasy draft tonight. Being the reluctant commissioner, I get to oversee all the details. Good luck, me. Chances are, after today, I won't get online again until after I come back. For those of you "in the know" (and you know who you are!) I'll be sure to update you on my progress in the Twin Cities. For the rest of you.....well you obviously don't matter so why should I even bother? Haha! J/K! Love you all--especially Kirbs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home