Friday, February 24, 2006

Another Milestone Reached

I experienced another rite of passage last Tuesday night. I was driving home from opera practice (it was late, "American Idol" was on, and I'd been drinking lots of water so I had to pee) when I got pulled over by a cop for the very first time! I was going 48 in a 35 mph zone (but it's one of those undeveloped, back roads so it should be 45 or 50 mph!). I didn't realize how fast I was going, but the truth was I didn't see the cop car there until he was right in front of me, and it was too late. He immediately did a quick U-turn and flashed his lights on. I have a spotless driving record: the only 2 accidents I've been in weren't my fault, I've never been cited, fined, or even given a parking ticket! But, with my lead foot, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Well, when it finally did happen last Tuesday, I pulled over very compliantly, flashed my most adorably clueless smile, and pulled out the big guns....literally. I played the "I'm cute with big boobs" card and pretended to be surprised to learn that the speed limit wasn't actually 50. ("You mean it's 35 all the way down this road, officer? I'm sorry, I guess I didn't realize it. Sure, you can have my registration....is this it? I'm not sure what it looks like.")

Fortunately for me, he took pity on my poor, clueless self and let me off with a warning. So, as of now, my driving record remains untarnished, and I've decided to try harder to keep it that way.
I've also decided against getting a boob reduction anytime soon, because I figure they just might come in handy again someday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

This is funny. Thanks for the laugh (free therapy).

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home