Friday, August 19, 2005

There she is: Miss Nude America!

I had a dream a couple nights ago that was so screwed up, I had to write a post about it on here! With all the recent pageant stuff going on (and the recent turmoil of the Miss America Organization) I guess I have competition on the brain. But, anyway, I had a dream that I was entering a pageant that featured nude modeling as one of its phases of competition! Yeah, there was interview, talent, evening wear.....and nudity! It wasn't just for girls, though, there were guys in it, too (and not everyone was all that attractive!) The thing is, you could opt out of the nudity portion but that meant you were ineligible to compete in the other areas of competition, except interview. Of course, I opted out of it. I mean, come on! My family would be there! So I told the director he should drop that portion of the competition since it wasn't fair to the people who didn't want to do it, and he told me he'd dropped it before, but ticket sales went way down. Then, I said that some contestants or audience members might get offended by it, and he told me, "Well, if that's the way they feel, then I feel sorry for them."

Isn't that totally, completely twisted?!!?? Yet, in a weird way, it kinda makes sense. A lot of these organizations will do anything to make their ticket sales go up and get their sponsors to shell out the big bucks. Hmm...maybe that's what MAO needs is a nudity competition! :) They couldn't show that part on network TV but, man, would ticket sales go up! (Oh, and just so you know, in my dream you had to be at least 21 years of age to compete and no one under 18 would be admitted to the audience, if that makes it better in any way.)

Seriously, though, sometimes I don't think we're too far away from stooping to that level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home