Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My Life Sucks

It figures, it just figures. This Saturday is the Toledo Opera gala (officially titled "The Greatest Wagner Concert Ever!") which we've been rehearsing for for about a month now, and wouldn't you know it? I'm getting a sinus infection! I tend to get them at least once a month, but I've been doing really well since returning from Florida after New Year's, in spite of the chaotic weather changes. And I've been in really good voice, too. Two days ago, I hit an A! (Not an A as in "High A" but the A above High C! Yes, I was amazed, too!):) But, of course my stupid respiratory system decided to go ahead and get all freaky on me. There's no way I'll be able to slip comfortably into the High C on Saturday. I'm sleeping with my eucalyptus oil vaporizor on and sucking back decongestant like it's going out of style. As if that will help turn back the hands of time to before I was exposed to all the junk in the air.
I blame the government for this. And the media. And that large padded envelope with the tear in it that kept spewing dust particles all over my car seat. (I volunteered to deliver it to BGSU for a guy in the chorus since I'm the only one that lives in BG. Damn my good heart!)

Geez, is there anything positive to report around here? Well, how about: Congratulations, Steelers! Way to go, Hines! Thanks for not choking, Ben (and for allowing yourself to be shorn on natinoal television)! And on the subject of hair: nice coif, Troy! I wore your jersey all day Sunday and to rehearsal on Monday in celebration. I've decided that I'm going to patent a design for a piggy bank that's a model of Bill Cowher's head and when you press a button or something, his bottom jaw shoots out as only Cowher's jaw can, and you put your pennies inside his mouth for safe keeping.

My Broey is doing much better now. He's still eating his special food (when he can get to it before Kirby) and some of the luster in his fur is back. He's still rail-thin, but at least he's eating. I'm still optimistic that he'll live to be 18. He's got too much fight in him to give up just yet. Yep, that's my boy!

Just 4 1/2 hours until "Lost" is on. It's become another family affair. Hopefully, we'll get to see Josh Holloway without his shirt on again. God, that's good TV!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home