Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Whoever said lightning never strikes twice...

...lied! I'm talking both figuratively and literally. Figuratively speaking, my Broey is no longer the only kitty in the family to be diagnosed with renal failure. Velvet is now in the earli stages as well. She stopped eating for several days and is so thin, a stiff breeze could probably blow her over. So, we put her on some of that mushy food to stimulate her appetite. You know, the same deal as with Broey. She's doing better now, eating on her own, but is still very thin.
Literally speaking, a tree in our backyard got struck by lightning during the bad weather a couple weeks ago. We lost our phones and cable, and Toby's computer got fried, so he had to take that to get repaired (twice!). I got good close up pics of the tree that was hit because I found it so fascinating to follow the trail of split bark down the trunk and into the ground. When it happened, it was one of those loud sonic booms that woke us all up and left us feeling disoriented.
Interestingly, this makes it the second time a tree outside my house was struck by lightning in the middle of the night. (The last time was at my old apartment on Conneaut.) I swear, the lightning is following me around! First, a black spider, now electrical bolts from the sky! LOL!

Oh, I don't think I've posted this yet but I finally got my red Mustang convertible with a white top and white leather interior! Her name is C.C. for "Carmen Copy" (R.I.P. Carmen). I also got my first pair of vanity plates! Yep, I'm living dangerously now.

I've been singing places lately, too. On Father's Day, I sang at my parents' church. And, last week, I sang and played piano at First Christian church (my old nursery school!). Nice trip down memory lane.

Anyway, that's the jist of late. I'm going back to watching the Miss Ohio webcast now, since I already paid for it. Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home